Architectural (CAD) Designer
W.J. Young & Associates, Inc. (dba: Young & Associates | Engineers • Surveyors) is a family-owned, full-service engineering consulting, building design and professional land surveying firm. Careful attention to staffing our firm has resulted in a highly skilled and talented staff, working in a family-type, team environment where each individual can apply innovative thinking, grow and flourish. It’s what our clients have grown to expect – a knowledgeable, highly qualified staff with their best interest in mind.
Since its inception, Young & Associates has been involved (new buildings, new building additions, building renovations/alterations) in more than 200 commercial building projects, and we are presently in need of an Architectural Designer to continue expanding services offered in that area. Accordingly, Young & Associates seeks an Architectural Designer with relevant design experience.
- Highly skilled and proficient in AutoCAD; Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection, and AutoCAD Revit
- Background and general understanding of buildings, building construction and building systems
- Primary responsibility: commercial building design drafting from start to finish
- Occasionally attend meetings, communicate with owners, sub-consultants and contractors
Education/Skill Requirements & Character Traits:
- Minimum: Degree/Certificate in Architectural Design/Drafting, or equivalent
- 0 to 15 years of experience
- Communications Proficiency: Good verbal and written communication ability
- Work effectively, independently and on a project team
- Basic Skills using Microsoft Office
- Driven to excel
- Familiarity with the UCC, International Building Codes, Accessibility Laws and requirements, are a plus
- Office Professionalism
- Ability to multitask assigned projects
- Must be methodical, precise, consistent performance, enjoy variety in work
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Drug free.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus/monetary incentive
- Medical/HealthCare Insurance
- Qualified retirement savings plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Young & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Young & Associates maintains a Drug Free Workplace
- Job Location: 2039 S. 6th Street, Indiana, PA
- Job Position/Type: Hourly/Full-Time/Regular
- Required education: training in Architectural Design/Drafting
- Required experience: 0 to 15 years