Civil (CAD) Designer
W.J.Young & Associates, Inc. (dba: Young & Associates Consulting Engineers) is a family owned, full-service engineering and building design firm, consisting of 14 employees. Careful attention to staffing our firm has resulted in a highly skilled and talented staff, working in a family-type, team environment where each individual can apply innovative thinking, grow and flourish. It’s what our clients have grown to expect – a knowledgeable, highly qualified staff with their best interest in mind.
Since its inception, Young & Associates has grown its Civil Division to 4 Engineers, 2 Civil Designers and a 2-man survey crew, but we recognize that further growth in the Civil Division and site related projects requires an additional Civil (CAD) designer. Accordingly, Young & Associates seeks a Civil Designer with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Highly skilled and proficient in AutoCad Civil 3D
- Thorough background and understanding of surface development and grading, points integration and management, stormwater drainage areas, corridors and assemblies, road and pad design, land development standards, construction materials, erosion and sedimentation controls, piping layout and profiles, PennDOT standards, oil & gas site development, and quantity take-offs
- Familiarity with PA1Call system (POCS)
- Primary responsibility: civil/site design drafting from start to finish
- Occasionally attend meetings, communicate with owners, consultants and contractors
Education/Skill Requirements & Character Traits:
- Minimum: Associate Degree/Certificate in Civil Design/Drafting, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Communications Proficiency: Good verbal and written communication ability
- Familiar to proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and other civil design software
- Work effectively independently and on a project team
- Basic Skills using Microsoft Office (Work and Excel)
- Driven to excel
- Office Professionalism
- Ability to multitask assigned projects
- Must be methodical, precise, consistent performance, enjoy variety in work
- General understanding of all facets of commercial buildings, plans and construction with a general working understanding of MEP systems
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Drug free.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus/monetary incentive
- Medical/HealthCare Insurance
- Qualified retirement savings plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Young & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Young & Associates maintains a Drug Free Workplace
- Job Location: 2078 S. 6th Street, Indiana, PA
- Job Position/Type: Hourly/Full-Time/Regular
- Required education: training in Civil Design/Drafting
- Required experience: Minimum 5 years