Civil (CAD) Designer
W.J. Young & Associates, Inc. (dba: Young & Associates | Engineers • Surveyors) is a family-owned, full-service engineering consulting, building design and professional land surveying firm. Careful attention to staffing our firm has resulted in a highly skilled and talented staff, working in a family-type, team environment where each individual can apply innovative thinking, grow and flourish. It is what our clients have grown to expect – a knowledgeable, highly qualified staff with their best interest in mind.
To add to our growing firm, Young & Associates seeks a Civil CAD Designer with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Highly skilled and proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D (Relevant experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is a requirement)
- Thorough background and understanding, but not limited to, of surface development and grading, survey points integration, property boundary drafting, stormwater drainage areas and stormwater management in general, corridors and assemblies, road and pad design, land development standards, layout and plan development, water distribution and sanitary sewer systems plan and profiles, culvert and bridge drafting, construction materials, erosion and sedimentation controls/plans/details, piping layout and profiles, PennDOT standards, highway occupancy permitting, oil & gas site development, and quantity take-offs
- Familiarity with PA1Call system (POCS)
- Primary responsibility: civil/site design drafting from start to finish
- Occasionally attend meetings, communicate with owners, consultants and contractors
Education/Skill Requirements & Character Traits:
- Minimum: Associate Degree/Certificate in Civil Design/Drafting, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Communications Proficiency: Good verbal and written communication ability
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and other civil design software
- Familiar with HydroCAD stormwater modeling
- Work effectively independently and on a project team
- Basic Skills using Microsoft Office 365 (Work and Excel)
- Driven to excel
- Office Professionalism
- Ability to multitask assigned projects
- Must be methodical, precise, consistent performance, enjoy variety in work
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Drug free.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus/monetary incentive
- Medical/HealthCare Insurance
- Qualified retirement savings plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Young & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Young & Associates maintains a Drug Free Workplace
- Job Location: 2039 S. 6th Street, Indiana, PA
- Job Position/Type: Hourly/Full-Time/Regular
- Required education: training in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Civil Design/Drafting
- Required experience: Minimum 3 years